Who else can help?

We work closely with all government and non-government agencies that provide support to people like you - to inform Afghans who want to go abroad, who face troubles in another country or who want to return. We refer you to the right government agency or NGO which can help you in their area of expertise. The following list of institutions and services might be of interest to you:

1. Afghanistan Population Registration and Tazkira Department: You can get your national ID card here; they are located next to Khirkhah gas station, after Tahia Maskan Square, Kabul, Afghanistan. The address of the the Directorate of Foreigners and Vital Statistics is: In front of Nadryia High School, Karte Parwan, Kabul, Afghanistan, more at https://www.facebook.com/705726932797697-ریاست-عمومی-ثبت-احوال-نفوس

2. Passport Office (Ministry of Interior Affairs) : In order to travel abroad legally, you need a passport and visa for the country you want to travel to. According to article 39 of the constitution of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and Passport Law :”Every Afghan, according to law, has the right to travel abroad and return.” The central Passport Office works in order to issue passport for Afghans. Read about the necessary procedures here

3. Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Consular Affairs Directorate: Provision of quality consular services for Afghan citizens is one of the major goals of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’s Foreign Policy. Over six million Afghan nationals residing overseas require consular services and protection guaranteed by international laws. The Department of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is an entity that provides legal and consular services to the Afghan citizens via its central office at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul and a network of 63 missions around the globe. The department also provides certain services to foreign nationals, particularly those visiting Afghanistan for official and humanitarian and business purposes. Under a young and dynamic leadership, the department strives to offer timely and efficient legal and consular services with international standards.  Afghans who intend to go abroad for their education should refer to this directorate for verification of their educational / legal documents.

4. Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MoLSAMD): The Ministry has signed labour migration agreements with Qatar and UAE and is working on elaborating a labour migration scheme for Afghanistan.

5. Ministry of Justice (MoJ): The Ministry of Justice chairs the Commission on Human Trafficking. It also provides a collection of national laws online, including the law on human trafficking.

6. Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE): this ministry also informs about scholarships here

7. Ministry of Education (MoE)

8. Ministry of Industry and Commerce (MoIC)

You can find a list of countries where Afghans can travel without a visa here

A list of key embassies in Kabul as well as a list of International Organisations and NGOs will follow soon.